Thursday, June 21, 2012

Legend by Marie Lu

Summary:

June is a military prodigy. Day is a mastermind criminal. Either way you cut it, these two are on opposite sides of the coin and utterly unrivaled in their clever abilities.

When June’s brother is murdered and Day is accused they find themselves on a collision course headed straight towards each other. June is looking to avenge her brother and Day is trying to save his family but neither of them knows the truth of what’s actually going on in the Republic.

Quote:

"You should have taken me with you," I whisper to him. Then I lean my head against his and begin to cry. In my mind, I make a silent promise to my brother's killer.

I will hunt you down. I will scour the streets of Los Angeles for you. Search every street in the Republic if I have to. I will trick you and deceive you, lie, cheat and steal to find you, tempt you out of your hiding place, and chase you until you have nowhere else to run. I make you this promise: your life is mine."

Review:

The first thing I said after reading Legend: Whoa!!! The passionate emotions of Day and June force you to feel the intensity of loss, hope, and everything in between. Marie Lu creates a thrilling and sinister futuristic world that’s a definite must read!  

Reviewed by: Lostnthestacks

*Note: Marie Lu will be visiting the Irving Public Library on July 19th, 2012!!! Click here for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...